Long Island Boat Engine Repair
Dependable Repairs For Boats Across Long Island
Thomas Machine provides people across Long Island with a wide array of engine repair services. Long Island is a proud home to many boat owners, which is why Thomas Machine excels in boat engine repair. We do not want you to miss the opportunity to lose any more time on the water than you have to. Our repair service is quick and reliable. We have years of experience providing our repair services to boat owners across Long Island. We have built a name and a reputation for quality work. If you are experiencing issues with your boat, have the experts at Thomas Machine of Deer Park give it a look! We will happily provide you with a free estimate for our work.
Boat Engine Repair Terms
A boat is a large investment, so when repairs are needed they can be costly. Make sure you are getting the most for your money. With Thomas Machine, your boat will be in good hands and our repair services will get your engine running as good as new and save you money. Here are some boat engine repair terms that could come in handy down the road:
- Engine Rebuilding - this process includes extracting the boat's engine, taking it apart, diagnosing and resolving its mechanical issues, cleaning & re-tuning its working parts and using a mix of the new and old parts to put it back together for testing and use.
- Engine Re-manufacturing - this process includes an inspection of all the engine's parts, the disassembling and cleaning of the working parts and the new parts replacing older ones, the reassembling and testing of the newly manufactured engine.
- Inboards - these are engines found inside the hull of the boat and are usually connected to a propulsion screw by a driveshaft. Inboard motors have several types that are used and suitable to both small and large craft boats. Thomas Machine has trained mechanics familiar with inboard boat engine repair and can provide their services to boats of all sizes.
- Outboards - these are engines found on the stern of the boat with a fuel tank and motorized propeller. These are the most common engine found in the propelling of small watercraft. They are designed to pivot over their mountings, which consequently controls the direction of the thrust. These engines can be easily removed for storage and repairs.
- Stern-drives (I/O) - these are combined inboard and outboard engines with the motor inside the boat & propeller outside.
- Installations - these are additions to the boat that may not have been added when factory made (i.e. radio, propane tank, etc).
Boat Engine Repair Estimates
Long Island has many great areas to take out a boat. Don't lose more time on the water by taking your boat to a lesser repair shop. Trust only the best and your engine will thank you. For more information about our boat engine repair services, please contact us today. The number to call is 631-242-5665. We are located in Deer Park, Suffolk County, but provide our services for people across Long Island. If you have a boat with engine trouble, our staff of experts will diagnose and fix the issue. We will also gladly answer any questions or concerns you may have about your boat. We can also provide you with a free estimate when it comes to our boat engine repair, to see if our work is feasible and in your budget.